Mothers, fathers, grandparents, and caregivers, this booklet is for you. It gives ideas for playing, talking, and reading with your child that will help him* become a good reader and writer later in life.
- Next story Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Milestones
- Previous story ColorinColorado – Help Your Child Learn to Read
- Promoting Literacywith dinnertime storytelling, family conversation, and books about food. Regular family dinner may …
- How Parents Can Instill ReadingHow Parents Can Instill Reading. Parents often ask how they can help their children learn to read; …
- 10 Tips to Introduce Reading to a Young Child Who Is Blind or Visually ImpairedOne of the first and most important things to remember when introducing books and literacy …
“Let children read whatever they want and then talk about it with them.”
— Judy Blume