Mothers, fathers, grandparents, and caregivers, this booklet is for you. It gives ideas for playing, talking, and reading with your child that will help him* become a good reader and writer later in life.
- Next story Reading Rockets for Parents Page
- Previous story Learning About Your Child’s Reading Development
- Unite for LiteracyUnite for Literacy projects build home libraries and support families to develop a daily habit of …
- Reading Strategies from Classroom to Home: Tips for ProvidersRead-alouds are a form of shared reading, where children engage and interact with the story while …
- Empowering ParentsIf you have a child who is a struggling reader, your family is not alone. Learning to read is a …
“Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.”
— Richard Steele