Fall is on its way, and it’s time for the school year to begin — and not just for kids, but for parents and teachers, too. Parents can help their young children become acclimated to the newness of school and ease their older kids back into familiar school-day routines. If you’re a teacher — whether a novice or an old pro — Reading Rockets has ideas and resources to help you get ready for the best school year yet.
- Next story Sing, Talk, Read, Write, Play: Building Early Literacy Skills
- Previous story Why is it important to read over the summer?
- Concerned About Your Child’s Development?Talk to Your Child’s Doctor As a parent, you know your child best. If your child is not meeting the …
- International Children’s Digital LibraryThe ICDL Foundation’s goal is to build a collection of books that represents outstanding …
- Reading tips for parents of children with disabilitiesThese tips for parents of children with disabilities emphasize the importance of children learning …
“A child who reads will be an adult who thinks.”