Fall is on its way, and it’s time for the school year to begin — and not just for kids, but for parents and teachers, too. Parents can help their young children become acclimated to the newness of school and ease their older kids back into familiar school-day routines. If you’re a teacher — whether a novice or an old pro — Reading Rockets has ideas and resources to help you get ready for the best school year yet.
- Next story Reading Strategies from Classroom to Home: Tips for Providers
- Previous story Why is it important to read over the summer?
- More About CollinLearn the importance of and ways to develop literacy skills for children with special needs. …
- Read Aloud ResourcesALL Ohio (Advancing Literacy Learning in Ohio) is a compilation of high-quality professional …
- 9 ways to build phonological awareness in pre-K and kindergartenThere are a few ways kids in pre-K and kindergarten can get ready to read. One way is by noticing …
“Let children read whatever they want and then talk about it with them.”
— Judy Blume