The purpose of the Family and Community Toolbox is to provide resources in order to build upon the natural learning opportunities that occur within a child’s daily routine in the home and community. The resources contained in this toolbox provide encouragement to families and caregivers in supporting the early language and literacy development of children in their care.
- Next story Defining Dyslexia
- Previous story Activities- Helping Your Child Become a Reader- Children Ages 3-6
- Ten Things to Help Your Struggling ReaderAs a special education teacher who teaches struggling readers with different disabilities, I’m …
- Why is it important to read over the summer?Research shows that students can maintain or improve reading skills when they are out of school for …
- Promoting Literacywith dinnertime storytelling, family conversation, and books about food. Regular family dinner may …
“One of the greatest gifts adults can give-to their offspring and to their society- is to read to children.”
— Carl Sagan