The purpose of the Family and Community Toolbox is to provide resources in order to build upon the natural learning opportunities that occur within a child’s daily routine in the home and community. The resources contained in this toolbox provide encouragement to families and caregivers in supporting the early language and literacy development of children in their care.
- Next story Defining Dyslexia
- Previous story Activities- Helping Your Child Become a Reader- Children Ages 3-6
- Storyline OnlineReading aloud to children has been shown to improve reading, writing and communication skills, …
- How to Teach Kids With Dyslexia to ReadChild Mind Institute – Children are diagnosed with dyslexia when they fall behind …
- Understanding why kids struggle with readingThe process of learning to read isn’t easy. When kids struggle with reading, it doesn’t mean …
“One of the greatest gifts adults can give-to their offspring and to their society- is to read to children.”
— Carl Sagan