This page from The National Center on Improving Literacy, describes typical reading development from emergent through fluent reading. Sometimes we have concerns. This article offers a quick overview of the skills to look for and what to do if the child in your life seems to not be acquiring the skills.
- Next story ColorinColorado – Help Your Child Learn to Read
- Previous story Development of Phonological Skills
- A Thousand White Butterflieshttps://youtu.be/biCXWT3QVgY Additional resources available learn more here. …
- The ABC’s of Teaching Reading at HomeWhat we know about beginning readers Children progress as readers at different rates, but they pass …
- Sesame Workshop Games and StorybooksExplore our Games and Storybooks. Help incorporate playful learning into your child’s early …
“One of the greatest gifts adults can give-to their offspring and to their society- is to read to children.”
— Carl Sagan