This page from The National Center on Improving Literacy, describes typical reading development from emergent through fluent reading. Sometimes we have concerns. This article offers a quick overview of the skills to look for and what to do if the child in your life seems to not be acquiring the skills.
- Next story ColorinColorado – Help Your Child Learn to Read
- Previous story Development of Phonological Skills
- La nevera de Maddihttps://youtu.be/WGFC2HYE4b4 …
- 9 ways to build phonological awareness in pre-K and kindergartenThere are a few ways kids in pre-K and kindergarten can get ready to read. One way is by noticing …
- What the Science Says About How Kids Learn to ReadThe debate on how to teach early reading has raged for a century. But for the last few decades, the …
“To learn to read is to light a fire; every syllable that is spelled out is a spark.”
— Victor Hugo