There are lots of ways that you can help your children learn to read! From the time that they are babies to the time that they are in high school, there are many little steps you can take along the way — rhyming and singing songs, reading out loud, sounding out letters, going to the library, and reading books together in your home language.
Helping your children learn to read might also mean finding support if they are having difficulty, which can affect their future success. This site is filled with tips for what you can do at home, fun activities, suggestions for choosing books to share together, and ideas on how you can prepare your child for a lifetime and love of reading.
Help Your Child Learn to Read (includes resources in Spanish)
Some ideas you will find here.
- Why Reading to Your Kids in Your Home Language Will Help Them Become Better Readers
- Start the New Year Off Right: Resolve to Raise a Reader!
- Tips for Teaching Your Child About Phonemes
- Grocery Store Literacy for Preschoolers
- Sharing Wordless Picture Books