This page from The National Center on Improving Literacy, describes typical reading development from emergent through fluent reading. Sometimes we have concerns. This article offers a quick overview of the skills to look for and what to do if the child in your life seems to not be acquiring the skills.
- Next story ColorinColorado – Help Your Child Learn to Read
- Previous story Development of Phonological Skills
- Unite for LiteracyAt Unite for Literacy, we picture a world where all children have access to an abundance of books …
- Family Engagement ActivitiesAnimal Walks are simple and fun exercises that invite children to use their imagination tomove …
- Why is it important to read over the summer?Research shows that students can maintain or improve reading skills when they are out of school for …
“There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.”
— Jackie Kennedy