Summer is the perfect time for children to relax, read, and get swept away to places near and far. Together, we can combat the summer reading slide and keep our nation’s children reading and thriving. RIF offers a variety of resources and activities to engage young readers all summer long.
- Next story Understanding why kids struggle with reading
- Previous story Interactive read alouds: tips for parents and caregivers for enriching reading experiences at home
- Let’s Cook with Kids BookLets-Cook-With-Kids-FKBDownload …
- Storyline OnlineReading aloud to children has been shown to improve reading, writing and communication skills, …
- Ten Things to Help Your Struggling ReaderAs a special education teacher who teaches struggling readers with different disabilities, I’m …
“Children should learn that reading is pleasure, not just something that teachers make you do in school.”
— Beverly Cleary