Summer is the perfect time for children to relax, read, and get swept away to places near and far. Together, we can combat the summer reading slide and keep our nation’s children reading and thriving. RIF offers a variety of resources and activities to engage young readers all summer long.
- Next story Understanding why kids struggle with reading
- Previous story Interactive read alouds: tips for parents and caregivers for enriching reading experiences at home
- The Lion’s Share (Qayb Libaax): Somali (Video)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhLWo76rvY4 …
- Helping Your Child Become A Self-Regulated ReaderWhat Is Self-Regulated Reading? When a reader makes changes to their reading behaviors to better …
- Reading tips for parents of children with disabilitiesThese tips for parents of children with disabilities emphasize the importance of children learning …
“I will defend the importance of bedtime stories to my last gasp!”
— J.K. Rowling